Sunday, April 12, 2009

Lower Class Ladies

I've been to many parts of the world; countless countries, a multitude of cities, and a legion of lands. These worlds are filled with unique interests to the travelers like yours truly, but the words interest me the most. Specifically, the terms people use in dialogue.

I was in London recently and after a show I proffered a smile at two ladies in delicate dresses. The site of my pearly whites must have given them a cue as within seconds the three of us were chatting. They were lovely ladies in their late twenties I imagine, but both had never stepped foot off the island of the United Kingdom. I found this a bit odd at first, but used it to introduce my experiences from around the world. Their eyes danced with delectable delight and they asked for more and more. I filled their inner selves with their unaware wants and gave them information they would never use.

It was pleasant, I'll admit, and I always enjoy a good round of words with strangers. But after I was a few yards away, I overheard one lady state, "What a lovely bloke." I apologize madam, but gentlemen like me are not blokes. Now be off with you bread-hunters!

© 2009 The Serial Monogamist. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment