Sunday, March 29, 2009

Putrid Pundits

I find irony in the little things of life. Media pundits love to declare against the moral ordure of the elite. There's envy in their voice, not moral outrage. Their eyes only watch the power of structures and vehicles, yet fail to see their own blessing. Do the viewers of these little men realize the paradoxical phrases that fall from their lips?

To be fair, I understand these claims instantiated against us, but there's a failure to differentiate. When green paper is thrown our way it is often at the will of those buying - something we are unable to help. The guilty ones - people who threw their life to find the right numbers in order to manipulate money - are well off for a far different reason.

"Dear woman, do you need this dress?" I find myself often asking with a hope she shies away from it.

"Yes," she replies. "My husband hasn't noticed me in two years. Do you have any idea what that's like?" Things are rarely as they seem. Perhaps the reason some people are in trouble is because they fear the loss of being desired. I help in the only way I can - a gentle hand on their shoulder with the words, "Well, he's a fool."

Maybe that will increase what she needs - the feeling of being wanted.

© 2009 The Serial Monogamist. All rights reserved.

1 comment: